lwip-devel

RE: [lwip-devel] Problem with UDP and ARP queuing

From: Mountifield, Tony
Subject: RE: [lwip-devel] Problem with UDP and ARP queuing
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:10:39 +0100

After further thought, an idea:

> It may be just that udp_send() has no reason to free the
> header pbuf, and we can remove that bit of code, but I don't
> know what else may rely on it.

Perhaps it is a reference-counting issue. Does/should etharp_query increment a
reference count in the chain/packet when queuing it on an ARP table entry? And
then of course decrement it when dequeuing.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Contractor @ Tandberg TV

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television. If received in error please
notify the sender and destroy the original message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com