lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.0 release and FAQ

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.0 release and FAQ
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 12:27:10 +0200

Hello Kieran,

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 11:44, K.J. Mansley wrote:
> Leon (and others),
>
> I have something that resembles some SACK functionality, and the changes
> to retransmission that Sam Jansen suggested, but don't want to commit
> these before you have made the 1.0 release.

I have already tagged the 1.0 release branch point, so just go ahead and
commit to HEAD. Its safe out there.

> Also, do we have a facility whereby I can document the deficiencies in
> the SACK implementation?  It's not really appropriate for the source, as
> I would intend it to be an answer to the question "Does lwIP support
> SACK?" that might be asked by someone investigating lwIP for the first
> time.  I guess it might be appropriate for us to start a FAQ, and put
> things like this in it.  Any thoughts on this?

Two options I see:

1. We would use the JavaDoc @file attribute and write implementation
information in full wording there (so tcp.c in this case).

We then really need to add an automated way to create the JavaDoc
extracted web page. ( I even forgot where the old one is hosted on
Savannah... )

2. Add a doc/faq.txt.

I think the latter is easiest in the short term.

Regards,

Leon.