lwc-list

RE: [Lightweight C++] News

From: Ron Pinkas
Subject: RE: [Lightweight C++] News
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:28:19 -0800

Stelios,

> > Any chance I can convince you to directly support Windows, with
> > compilers like LCC or preferably Pelle's C?
> >

> Well, we *definitelly* need "statements in expressions" and
> some way to specify linkonce sections for the linker. Plain
> C99 is unfortunatelly not enough to compile the code
> generated by lwc. We'd also need alloca and constructor sections.

Could you kindly provide more info on the above? Pelle is a good friend of
mine, and is usually VERY responsive. :-)

> So why not mingw?

I'm commited to Pelle's C for many reasons, which may be difficult to
explain. :-)

> I like the lcc effort and I think that implementing gcc's
> extensions would be *good* for lcc.  This sounds like I'm
> throwing the ball at the lcc camp:), but, really, we need
> some standards on the C extensions (which are unlikely to be
> standarized by an organization in the next 3 years).
> Those standards at the time are GNUC, for no other reason but
> that gcc happens to be free and of great quality.

If you provide more specific details, I'll do my best to get such extensions
implemented in Pelle's C.

> I promise to try to turn my windows box into a development
> platform though:)

Many thanks. :-)

Ron