lwc-list

[Lightweight C++] 1.3 regressions

From: Stelios Xanthakis
Subject: [Lightweight C++] 1.3 regressions
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 19:10:19 +0300 (EET DST)

The 1.3 version was ok. The testcases were br0ken (all of them!)
The main problem is that since we now include <setjmp.h>,
the generated code is no longer preprocessed. Thus all includes
in the testcases should better be

        extern "stdio.h" {
        #include <stdio.h>
        }

so the lwc preprocessor will not emit the contents of stdio but
re-emit an include <stdio.h> directive. That's why we wanted to avoid
setjmp in the first place.

So, version 1.3.1 is out and fixes the testcases. It also adds a
new feature which is
        switch (int x = expression())
and replaces the older switch-value feature which was ugly.

lwc: always delivering the least irresponsible products to our users.

Stelios.