lwc-list

Re: [Lightweight C++] RE: Lwc on Windows

From: Stelios Xanthakis
Subject: Re: [Lightweight C++] RE: Lwc on Windows
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:24:40 +0200 (EET)

Some interesting tips pointed out by Sammy Deroy who
managed to compile lwc on windows with the lcc compiler

> The mmap problem was easy to fix. Just #undef HAVE_MMAP, which
> is the way to do it, even on Unix.

and

> The fork() was replace by spawnl().

and after

> Many files has been modified.
> Mostly Gcc extensions not supported by other compilers.
> Everything compile. lwc.exe runs ok (but not tested very much).

So it seems 'cpp' can be called in windows.

All these will be included in next 1.0 version.
I'm posting it now because lwc just appeared on comp.compilers
and we may have people looking for windows help these days.