lwc-list

Re: [Lightweight C++] RE: Lwc on Windows

From: Stelios Xanthakis
Subject: Re: [Lightweight C++] RE: Lwc on Windows
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:32:35 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Ron Pinkas wrote:

> I just tried to compile Lwc with a C compiler on Windows, and
> encountered a problem with a header <mman.h> which is not
> available in my compiler (tried BCC 5.5, MSVC 6.0 and PellesC 2.60)
>
> Is it possible to compile Lwc under Windows, any pointers
> will be greatly appreciated.

It's possible to comment out SYS_HAS_MMAP in config.h
so lwc will use open() instead of mmap(). You'll still need
to comment out the include <sys/mman.h> though.

After lwc is compiled, you'll proabbly have more problems.
Lwc uses fork and exec to call the system's preprocessor cpp.
I don't know if this will work in windows.

Finally, lwc 0.9 has an internal C preprocessor which can
be used instead of calling 'cpp'. This is still very experimental
and we were trying to make it work on windows with another
fellow, but with no success. The internal preprocessor can
be enabled from SYS.h

version 1.0 will be out very soon and I'm interested in any
tips for windows. Good luck.

stelios