loco-dev

Re: [Loco-dev] thanks for switching to autoconf...

From: Janico Greifenberg
Subject: Re: [Loco-dev] thanks for switching to autoconf...
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 09:20:55 +0200

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 01:43:38AM +0200, . wrote:
> (not that i don't like cons)

But with the usual GNU build system it's all a bit more professional.

> if tree impl. is still a to-do (and Mr. Brix would supply his design
> specs for trees) i am willing to go for it. should be able to spare some
> hours next week and i kinda like tree ;-)

The tree is implemented so far that it works locally; what needs to be done is
that peers have a part of the tree and need to send messages over the net in
order to keep the entire tree intact. This is the real tough part in loco and we
haven't created any specs, the first spec of the protocol will be the source
code of the implementation. I would really like to share the work on this part,
but I can't think of a way how to do so, because I have been thinking about this
for half a year now and wrote the existing parts so this would fit in the best
possible way. Writing out what to program would take about as long as to write
the code and you cannot debug spsecs.
I recommend that you work on the proxy feature, which can be
integrated fairly easy. Once I have an initial revision of the protocol done,
there will a lot of chances to work on it fixing bugs and optimizing it.

So long
   Divo

--
Warning! Taking anyone (especially yourself) too serious will be harmful