lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 15b60953 7/8: Avoid reserved names and an

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 15b60953 7/8: Avoid reserved names and anything resembling them
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 20:25:21 +0000

On 5/19/22 18:09, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>  Please consider integrating clang-tidy rather than trying to (poorly)
> reproduce (some of) its functionality. I can easily do this for GitHub CI
> builds, of course, but I don't think this is going to be sufficient. I do
> think that using it is worth the trouble, as it could be used to detect
> this and tons of other potential problems.
I really just wanted to permit '__func__' and maybe '__builtin_',
but I saw a "TODO ??" marker and decided to follow it down the
rabbit hole, which went deeper than I'd hoped. The result isn't
pretty, so I separated the commits for easy reversion in the
"golden future time".

My hesitation is that the clang rabbit hole may be deeper still,
and I could get lost there for months. More rewarding, certainly,
but deeper. If you want to blaze the trail in CI, then maybe I'll
be able to follow.