lmi

Re: [lmi] An ironic i686+i87 surprise

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] An ironic i686+i87 surprise
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 22:40:40 +0000

On 5/10/22 16:22, Greg Chicares wrote:
> An anomaly in this file from 2005:
>
> https://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lmi/lmi-data-20050618T1440Z.tar.bz2
> was unearthed by the rate-table tool:
>   $wine /opt/lmi/bin/rate_table_tool.exe --accept --file=/opt/lmi/data/sample
> --extract-all
> [...]
>   Table #10 specifies 8 decimals, but 17 were necessary.
>   This flaw has been corrected, and the CRC recalculated.
>   [rate_table.cpp : 1860]
> so I corrected it by truncating the data to eight decimals (locally for
> now, but I plan to upload a replacement soon).

I uploaded the promised replacement, and even announced it, but
only in the proprietary repository--thus:

   Rectify anomalous rate table

    See:
      https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2022-05/msg00006.html
    |   Table #10 specifies 8 decimals, but 17 were necessary.
    | so I corrected it by truncating the data to eight decimals

    Use with the same lmi commit specified in the last proprietary commit,
    and with this new file...

    https://download.sv.gnu.org/releases/lmi/lmi-data-20220511T0107Z.tar.bz2

    [if it doesn't redirect automatically, change "sv" to "savannah"]

    ...extracted with a command such as...

      wine /opt/lmi/bin/rate_table_tool.exe \
        --accept --file=sample --extract-all

    ...run in /opt/lmi/data/ .

The "last proprietary commit" referred to above was:

    Make two comparisons work even for x87

    Use with lmi commit d250bccb2 . Do not update 'sample.{dat,ndx} yet.

The new archive omits some obsolete files that were in the old,
like *.{db4,pol,tir} and maybe a couple other three-letter extensions.