lmi

[lmi] A probably-inconsequential 'wine' error

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] A probably-inconsequential 'wine' error
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2021 17:06:43 +0000

While testing an intended migration from
  debian 'bullseye', wine-4.0.3 (Debian 4.0.3-1), to
  debian 'bookworm', wine-5.0.3 (Debian 5.0.3-3)
I saw this error message with 'bullseye':

  System test:
  0020:err:clipboard:convert_selection Timed out waiting for SelectionNotify
event
  All 1485 files match.

I reran that test in isolation, and observed no such error message,
so it appears to be irreproducible.

Everything else in 'nychthemeral_test.sh' seemed to work exactly
the same in both chroots.

This error message seems inconsequential because 'make system_test'
succeeds ("All 1485 files match." in both chroots).

It seems weird because IIRC the 'system_test' target wouldn't use
the clipboard at all--it uses the 'lmi_cli_shared$(EXEEXT)' binary,
which doesn't link wx, and all lmi's use of the clipboard goes
through wx. No such error message was observed in any of the other
nychthemeral tests...or even in the currently nonnychthemeral
gui test, which deliberately exercises the clipboard--it runs
exactly as expected, viz.:

  /opt/lmi/src/lmi[0]$/opt/lmi/src/lmi/gui_test.sh
  NOTE: starting the test suite
  SUCCESS: 21 tests successfully completed.
  NOTE: 4 tests were skipped

in the 'bookworm' chroot, the same as in 'bullseye'.

This is another one of those things that I just document here,
in the hope that a web search never leads me to this message.