lmi

[lmi] PATCH: miscellaneous improvements to test_coding_rules

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] PATCH: miscellaneous improvements to test_coding_rules
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 23:06:04 +0200

On Wed, 16 Jun 2021 00:25:36 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> >  To summarize, the current state is:
GC> >
GC> > - I have a branch with ready to be submitted changes with some minor
GC> >   improvements to the current version, that could (and should) be merged
GC> >   in any case.
GC>
GC> Okay, I'm ready for that whenever you like.

 Hello,

 I've pushed this branch to misc-test_coding_rules in my repository,
corresponding to https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/187
I won't write a long email about it because most commits should be
self-explanatory, and while I do have some doubts about 0790ce22d (Move
statistics display from test_coding_rules to makefile, 2021-06-02), I've
already expressed them in the commit message itself.

 Also, 9021c253c (Split the check for canonical header guards in two parts,
2021-06-02) is not strictly necessary if we're not going to use std::regex
finally, but I think it still makes sense to apply it if only for the
better error messages.

 Of course, please let me know if you have any questions about any of those
changes and thanks in advance!
VZ