lmi

[lmi] Using std::chrono::high_resolution_clock for Timer implementation

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Using std::chrono::high_resolution_clock for Timer implementation
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 14:49:31 +0200

 Hello,

 I don't plan to do it immediately but, if you don't mind, I'd like to
switch to using the standard class, available since C++11, providing the
same resolution as gettimeofday()/QueryPerformanceCounter() that we
currently use, but which is much simpler to use. In fact, one of the
reasons I'd like to do it is to make Timer class fully inline, so that it
could be used easily for temporary benchmarking of some code, even from the
code which doesn't link with timer.o.

 Again, this is not urgent at all but I just wanted to confirm that you
didn't have any objections to it before adding it to my TODO list/queue
(actually I should probably switch to a hash soon, for better access speed,
considering its size...).

 Please let me know if you have any comments,
VZ