lmi

Re: [lmi] Using ublas in expression template test

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Using ublas in expression template test
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 16:41:22 +0200

On Wed, 12 May 2021 13:18:38 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On 5/12/21 10:41 AM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >  Sorry, but _LIBCPP_ENABLE_CXX20_REMOVED_ALLOCATOR_MEMBERS story is not
GC> > over yet... I haven't noticed this problem because of another, unrelated,
GC> > one, but expression_template_test_0.cpp doesn't compile with clang out of
GC> > the box currently because it includes ublas headers
GC>
GC> Soon all remaining boost stuff (except, I guess, <regex> due to
GC> the slowness of gcc's implementation) has to be expurgated, so
GC> in the end it'll be as though it had never existed. There are
GC> other boost libraries optionally used in other unit tests, too.
GC>
GC> Can you add a workaround to your local copy for now, so that I
GC> don't have to drop other work and do this immediately?

 I've reversed the test for C++20 in my branch (as I suspect it could be
just a mistake, as the current test doesn't make sense to me -- but I could
be missing something, of course) and I should know in about 15 minutes if
this solves one of the last problems I have with the CI builds, so from
this point of view -- yes. But the main goal is to make the CI builds pass
in master and I can't do this without either modifying the source file
there (and not locally/in a branch) or putting in place a more extensive
workaround. I could still it limited  probably by predefining _LIBCPP_XXX
for for this file in Makefile.am, would you prefer me to do it like this
and then push it myself without bothering you any more?

 Thanks,
VZ