lmi

[lmi] PDF/A conformance

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] PDF/A conformance
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 13:36:33 +0100

 Hello,

 In case this could be interesting: wxPdfDoc has just added support for
producing the documents in PDF/A format and I wonder if this could be
interesting for lmi, i.e. whether we should try enabling PDF/A conformance
for the illustrations that we generate.

 As explained at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF/A the advantage of this
format is actually its _lack_ of support for some PDF features (that we
don't use anyhow, AFAIK) making it more suitable for the long-term document
storage. I am not sure if lmi illustrations need to be stored for a long
time, but if they do, PDF/A conformance could be a good idea (as well as a
"marketing" bullet point).

 Please let me know if you'd like me to look further into this,
VZ