lmi

Re: [lmi] Should lmi use an xml catalog resolver?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Should lmi use an xml catalog resolver?
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 00:28:06 +0100

https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/runs/1333943758?check_suite_focus=true#step:10:1131

GC> I see a check-mark in a circle, next to "Build XML libraries", and "1m 38s",
GC> but no warnings. But "uBlock Origin" has api.github.com blocked, as well as
GC> the more nefarious-sounding collector.github.com .

 IMHO you should allow them both, at least locally (i.e. on github.com
domain). They're really not nefarious at all or at least I've never seen
any indication of this and I consider myself reasonably paranoid.

GC> > The DTD is also present in tests/valid/dtds
GC> > subdirectory of libxml2 sources, so we could probably just set
GC> > XML_CATALOG_FILES environment variable to point there to avoid it. Should
GC> > try doing this?
GC>
GC> It was more educational for me to do it: commit 92946c11ae.

 It was quite educational to me too as I didn't know about URI rewriting
stuff, so I'm keeping a reference to this commit in case I need something
like this in the future.

 Thanks!
VZ