lmi

Re: [lmi] Can xmlwrapp's documentation be disabled?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Can xmlwrapp's documentation be disabled?
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 23:45:17 +0100

On Fri, 30 Oct 2020 16:47:35 +0000 Greg Chicares <gchicares@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

GC> On an msw-10 laptop with cygwin, we encounter errors building the
GC> xmlwrapp documentation (because 'graphviz' is not installed).
GC> This isn't a fatal error, and everything else works, so it's not
GC> urgent. I'm just wondering whether there's a way to suppress it.

 Yes, sure, this PR https://github.com/let-me-illustrate/lmi/pull/169
should take care of it. As you can see, it's a trivial change which just
avoids running bootstrap script completely, but this is all that's needed
in lmi case as we never build the documentation anyhow, due to...

GC> We configure with the '--disable-docs' parameter,

... this.

GC> Is there a convenient way either to tell 'bootstrap' to skip building
GC> the documentation, or to move the documentation to a later step so that
GC> '--disable-docs' disables it?

 I've done more extensive changes in xmlwrapp itself, in a PR there:
https://github.com/vslavik/xmlwrapp/pull/69 which do exactly this, and
allow to get rid of the bootstrap script completely, and I'd eventually
like to update xmlwrapp version used in lmi to include these changes but,
again, this is not really needed as long as we never generate the
documentation at all, so for now the simple PR 169 above (I didn't do
anything special to have the same last 2 digits in these PRs, BTW) would be
enough.

 Please let me know if you have any questions/problems about/with it,
VZ