lmi

[lmi] How to best merge CI configuration fixes?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] How to best merge CI configuration fixes?
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 23:45:44 +0200

 Hello,

 We've made some fixes and improvements to the CI configuration in
https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/155 and I'd like to merge this before
creating the other PRs, so that the CI build would run the tests
automatically for them. And normally I should be able to do it myself, as
you gave me permission to modify the files under .github/workflows on my
own, but here I have not one but 5 commits to make, so I wonder whether I
should:

1. Make a merge (which would be normal for me, but I don't know if it's
   acceptable for you even when it doesn't touch any other files).
2. Rebase on master, i.e. make 5 commits there.
3. Squash-merge, i.e. make just a single commit with all the changes.

 What would you prefer?
VZ