lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 8f7ad46 2/3: Resolve a unit-test failure

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 8f7ad46 2/3: Resolve a unit-test failure
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 01:47:49 +0200

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 19:34:52 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares
<gchicares@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

GC>     Commentary explains why std::filesystem::remove() deletes a
GC>     directory that the msw C runtime's remove() does not. C99 (N1256) says
GC>     [7.19.4.1] "If the file is open, the behavior of the remove function is
GC>     implementation-defined", but this directory doesn't seem to be "open",
GC>     and apparently the msw implementation simply refuses to remove any
GC>     directory.

 I'm too lazy to check the standard (and MSVC doesn't follow nor claim to
support this one anyhow), but I'd be surprised if it mandated that remove()
work for the directories. POSIX rmdir(), available as _rmdir() in MSVC CRT,
does remove the directories, of course (as for Boost.Filesystem, it just
uses Win32 RemoveDirectory() API).

VZ