lmi

Re: [lmi] git "pull" from bundle to bare repository

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] git "pull" from bundle to bare repository
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 19:05:00 +0200

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:03:28 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--How can I "pull" a bundle to a bare repository?

 I didn't have time to test it yet and will try to do it a.s.a.p. and write
more detailed instructions, but I thought it might be worth answering this
quickly just in case you'd like to try it yourself, so:

 I believe you should use git-update-ref command to do it. Assuming you
want to update the master branch of your repository, the following should
do it:

        $ git fetch ../catchup.bundle
        $ git update-ref -m "Update from latest bundle" refs/heads/master
FETCH_HEAD

but, again, I didn't actually test it yet. I think it should be safe to try
doing this, especially if you note the current value of refs/heads/master
first (but if you don't, it's still accessible vie the reflog).

 Please let me know if this works for you,
VZ