lmi

Re: [lmi] Build lmi in a debian chroot in a centos chroot on debian

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Build lmi in a debian chroot in a centos chroot on debian
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 01:06:01 +0200

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 22:54:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> /home/greg[0]$tail -1
/srv/chroot/centos7/srv/chroot/lmi_bullseyeeraseme/home/greg/log
GC> + echo Finished building lmi.

 Congratulations!

 And if you ever feel like you don't have enough nested chroots, you should
consider suggesting to your colleagues installing CentOS inside WSL layer
under MSW to spice things up a bit (of course, for testing this, you'd need
to install MSW itself in a VM under Debian -- although hopefully not the
one inside the CentOS chroot).

GC> Now I only need to clean up the script and commit it.
GC> And then test building lmi in a debian chroot on redhat,
GC> but that ought to be "trivial".

 It certainly looks like the full system shouldn't have any problems with
unexpectedly missing packages, at least.

 But I'll wish you good luck anyhow, just in case,
VZ