lmi

Re: [lmi] Font-size oddity

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Font-size oddity
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 03:02:39 +0100

On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 23:05:00 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--Please do this:
GC>   File | New | Illustration
GC>     "Policy": choose 'sample2finra'
GC>     OK
GC>   File | Print to PDF
GC> and examine the fonts used for text specified by 'finra_header_upper.mst'.
GC> We see the same font size for the non-bold and bold sentences for
GC>   Page 1..4 of 9
GC>   Page 8..9 of 9
GC> as expected. However, for
GC>   Page 5..7
GC> Kim and I both see an unexpectedly small font for the initial (non-bold)
GC> sentence only (whereas the bold sentences following are as expected).

 Thank you, I indeed can easily see this problem too.

GC> Can you fix this anomaly?

 Yes, please see https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/102

 The commit message explains what's going on, and the only thing it does
not explain is how could I write a function doing absolutely nothing (it
basically returned wxHtmlCell wrapped in another wxHtmlContainerCell, but
without making any real difference) and leaking memory and not notice it.

 Sorry for yet another stupid bug in this code,
VZ