lmi

Re: [lmi] No more "Tahoma" message

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] No more "Tahoma" message
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 18:55:08 +0200

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 16:51:10 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 10/2/18 6:41 PM, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Tue, 2 Oct 2018 17:44:43 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC>  - On the 'wine' console, I see this, which I've never seen before:
GC> > GC>
GC> > GC>    wxPdfFontManagerBase::GetFont: Font 'Tahoma' with style 'Regular'
not found.

GC> >  "Tahoma" is wxNORMAL_FONT and wxPdfDoc doesn't support it directly, which
GC> > explains the problems below.
GC>
GC> Fixed by PR 98, which will be pushed ere long. If we see "Tahoma" again,
GC> then it's a reportable problem.

 Unfortunately these messages are only easily seen under Wine, under native
MSW they go to the debug output and so can be only seen under debugger or
using a tool for viewing debug output, that normal people don't usually run
(and, to be honest, even I stopped running it a couple of years ago because
the novelty of seeing all sorts of random stuff spewed by different
applications wore off relatively quickly).

 Regards,
VZ