lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 8cccd20 5/9: Note a mystery

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 8cccd20 5/9: Note a mystery
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:30:50 +0200

On Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:19:33 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 8cccd20774ffd95c29b24f7f939dcf40495a1244
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Note a mystery
GC>
GC>     It seems that this nowhere-referenced object must exist.

 Just in case you haven't found it yet, the mystery is explained in the
comments before pdf_context_setter and pdf_context itself. I hope the
explanations there are sufficiently clear to answer any questions about why
this object must exist, but please let me know if it doesn't.

GC>     Made its name
GC>     a noun because it's an object; using a verb as the name made
GC>       foo::bar set_xyzzy(a, b, c);
GC>     look like a function declaration.

 Arguably, using braces instead of parenthesis (which you've already
correctly done, of course) is sufficient to prevent from confusing the
object declaration with a function one...

VZ