lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 7b0b9c3: Make 'InputFundManagementFee' a

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master 7b0b9c3: Make 'InputFundManagementFee' a pure number (not bp)
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 18:56:18 +0200

On Tue,  5 Jun 2018 12:49:08 -0400 (EDT) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit 7b0b9c31413f04a02830edc84a8c489fd0cb71b7
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Make 'InputFundManagementFee' a pure number (not bp)
GC>
GC>     Redefined this input field to mean a pure number, not a number of basis
GC>     points. Now all GUI input fields are consistently pure numbers.

 Wouldn't it be nice to allow entering the number in the UI in bp or,
maybe, even as either an absolute number, a number in percents or a number
in bp, e.g. using something like

        [....0.12] [bp ⇓]
                    abs
                    pct

where the right hand side of the cave painting^W^W ASCII diagram represents
an opened combobox?

 It'd be nice to have a control like this, for entering values in different
units, in wxWidgets and if it could be useful for lmi, I'd be glad to
implement it (not right now, but after finishing higher priority tasks, of
course).

 Please let me know if it could be,
VZ