lmi

Re: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] 'wine' anomalies
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 13:34:11 +0000

On 2018-05-05 13:07, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...wxSpinCtrl options and defaults...]
>  I still think wx should be changed and, after rereading the discussion
> from 9 years ago (thanks for the link, it is safe to say I wouldn't have
> remembered it without it), I believe that the better choice is to remove
> wxALIGN_RIGHT from the default style in C++, for all the reasons stated
> there. So I made https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/805 and will
> merge it soon if there are no strenuous objections to it.
>
>  AFAICS, this means that when lmi updates its wxWidgets version again,
> explicit use of wxSP_ARROW_KEYS won't be needed any longer.

That's good news. We won't update the wx version that lmi uses merely in
order to get this change. But next time we update, we might be able to
remove the wxSP_ARROW_KEYS style from lmi's '*.xrc'.

> GC> And I have a new anomaly to report:
> GC>   File | New | Illustration
> GC>   "Client" tab:
> GC>     focus the "Issue age" spincontrol
> GC>     hover the mouse pointer over that spincontrol's upward arrow
> GC>     press and release the up-arrow key
> GC> Contents change from "45" to "46"...then back to "45".
>
>  Do I understand correctly that this happens only under Wine?

I don't know. I don't use native msw, and by the time I discovered this
the office had closed for the weekend.

> Because I
> can't reproduce this under native OS... I can try testing under Wine later,
> but if it really only happens there, I'm not sure if it's really worth
> trying to debug/work around it, as you say, it's not exactly a critical
> bug. But please let me know if you'd like me to look into it.

We can certainly ignore this if it happens only with 'wine'.