lmi

Re: [lmi] Saving and restoring window geometry

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Saving and restoring window geometry
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 12:33:52 +0000

On 2018-03-11 21:14, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 17:08:42 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> If I start lmi and unmaximize it, then resize it and exit, the new size
> GC> isn't remembered when I start lmi again. I assume that's what you're
> GC> talking about here, and I guess you'd like to be able to remember the
> GC> resized dimensions of other windows like the tabbed input dialog as
> GC> well.
>
>  Yes, exactly.
[...patch...]]
> or, in the PR form, https://github.com/vadz/lmi/pull/75

With that PR applied (I just pushed it now), try the following; I describe
what I see under 'wine':

 - resize and reposition lmi in some recognizable way
     (I made it a tiny window at lower left)
 - close and reopen
     the recognizable size and position have been restored
 - close and reopen, then minimize, then close and reopen, and unminimize
     the recognizable size has been restored
     but the position has been forgotten--lmi is centered
 - close and reopen, then maximize, then close and reopen, and unmaximize
     neither size nor position is restored
     it's the same size as a maximized window

Instead, I expected the {h,w,x,y} geometry to be preserved as of the last
resize--maximization or minimization shouldn't change them. That's the
behavior I observe for google-chrome on an msw-10 machine.