lmi

Re: [lmi] Style guide

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Style guide
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 02:51:45 +0000

On 2018-02-24 23:30, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Feb 2018 23:20:32 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> On 2018-02-24 12:58, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
[...'markdown' format'...]
> GC>[...] please don't object if I
> GC> translate it to HTML before the initial commit.
>
> [...] If you don't like Markdown (but you do, you just don't know it
> yet),

That's what I say about durian; and Ugolyok, about raw green tripe.

The curious thing about durian is that once you get past the awful
smell, it actually tastes great. This isn't delicious like durian.
It's appalling like green tripe. We just have to agree to disagree.

> let's just forget that I ever said it was in Markdown and pretend
> that it's in plain text -- because it's perfectly fine to treat it as such.

But it's not okay to modify MD as though it were plain text:
it has its
  ```
  oddities--like triple-backquote instead of <pre>...</pre>
  which isn't easier, clearer, or cleaner--just different
  ```
and `quirks` and
weird stuff
* and
weirder stuff
### and so on

I don't want a file in the savannah repository that I can't maintain.
I can't maintain this without learning a new markup language. I have
no wish to learn a new markup language.

Markup-free flat text works just fine:
  http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lmi.git/tree/gwc/develop3.txt