lmi

[lmi] Preview version of direct PDF generation branch available

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Preview version of direct PDF generation branch available
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 15:17:41 +0200

 Hello again,

 I've created https://github.com/vadz/lmi/releases/tag/direct-pdf-gen-alpha1
from where you can download

https://github.com/vadz/lmi/releases/download/direct-pdf-gen-alpha1/lmi-e3cd6e0-20170821T125524Z.tar.xz

containing the binaries and data files of lmi built from the latest
direct-pdf-branch sources. To test it, please just uncompress this file
anywhere on your disk using either

        $ tar xJf lmi-e3cd6e0-20170821T125524Z.tar.xz

command from Cygwin prompt or 7z GUI, and then simply run

        $ ./bin/lmi_wx_shared.exe --data_path=data

Generating illustrations using the "File" menu "Print to PDF" command (or
Ctrl-I key combination) in this version uses built-in code for PDF
generation instead of Apache FOP utility.

 As mentioned at the URL above, this is absolutely not meant for production
use as there are a few known limitations and certainly many more will be
found during testing. However I am making it available, as requested, just
in case it can be already useful for you to see how it works.

 Please let me know if you see anything especially egregious or if you have
any problems downloading, uncompressing (I could make a ZIP archive
available too, it's just ~1.5 times bigger than the XZ one) or running it.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ