lmi

Re: [lmi] MinGW-w64 gcc-6.3.0 anomaly

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] MinGW-w64 gcc-6.3.0 anomaly
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 20:14:03 +0200

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 17:58:45 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> For the native builds distributed by MinGW-w64, invoking the
GC> compiler with a fully-qualified path no longer works with
GC> gcc-6.3.0:

 This is (almost) great timing as I've just spent half an hour on this
myself and was just about to post here asking how did you manage to make
this work.

GC> The compiler simply fails, returning "1" with no diagnostic.

 Because the C++ backend (libexec/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/6.3.0/cc1plus.exe)
can't find libwinpthread-1.dll which is in the directory of the driver
(bin).

GC> It succeeds only if the compiler's binary path is on $PATH:

 This is one solution. Another one would be to copy libwinpthread-1.dll to
/opt/lmi/local/bin, just as is already done for a couple of other DLLs
(i.e. update compiler_runtime_files make variable to include it). This
seems to work too and seems less intrusive.

 In any case, I am reassured to know that this is not something specific to
my Cygwin installation or configuration, so thanks for posting this.

 Regards,
VZ