lmi

Re: [lmi] boost::numeric_cast anomalies

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] boost::numeric_cast anomalies
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 15:35:42 +0200

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 12:21:22 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--I think you usually have the latest version of boost installed,
GC> so could I ask you to build this program with it and post the output?

 This is not quite the latest, but I've tested this with Boost 1.62 under
64 bit Debian system with g++ 6.3 and the results are:

        % g++ -Wall -std=c++11 boost_num_cast.cpp && ./a.out
        Integer converted from NaN = -2147483648
        That worked, so this should too...
        Line 28: bad throw.
        That worked, so this should too...
        Line 38: bad throw.
        That worked, so this should too...
        Line 47: bad throw.
        That worked, so this should too...
        Line 56: bad throw.

GC> All these tests fail with boost-1.33.1;

 Yes, I can confirm this as well, i.e. I get exactly the same output when
using Boost 1.33.1 headers on the same system.

 Regards,
VZ