lmi

Re: [lmi] git-checkout deleted files [Was: static_assert and :argdo]

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] git-checkout deleted files [Was: static_assert and :argdo]
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 17:36:13 +0100

On Sun, 5 Mar 2017 14:33:09 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> BTW, I believe this is the command I was seeking:
GC>
GC> git ls-files --deleted | xargs git checkout --
GC>
GC> It doesn't overwrite anything that's still in the working directory,
GC> so it's quite safe.

 Thanks, I didn't know about "ls-files --deleted", however I should have
thought about the same pipeline using "diff --name-only --diff-filter=D".
And I post it here now just because I find --diff-filter very useful, e.g.
I often use it (with or without --name-only) to list only the files with
the conflicts ("=U"), so maybe it might serve you too in the future.

 Regards,
VZ