lmi

Re: [lmi] Third-millennium GOTW#1: is <int> special?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Third-millennium GOTW#1: is <int> special?
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 16:05:37 +0100

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 12:31:19 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2017-02-04 22:16, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 19:12:23 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> +    std::vector<double> d2(5.0, 7.0);    // size 5
GC> > GC> +    std::vector<double> d3(5.1L, 7.0);   // size 5
GC> >
GC> >  And those should warn about implicit double-to-int conversion, so they're
GC> > not that bad.
GC>
GC> But they don't, because we have '-Wno-conversion' due to boost.

 It's indeed a pity to have to disable this warning globally. Now that we
use Boost in fewer places than before and we require a sufficiently new
compiler, could we perhaps use GCC diagnostic push/ignored/pop pragmas to
disable the warning just in the Boost headers it appears in instead of
doing it everywhere?

 Please let me know if you'd like me to [try to] do this,
VZ