lmi

[lmi] 'nano' is not really the most sophisticated editor [Was: Did I res

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] 'nano' is not really the most sophisticated editor [Was: Did I resolve this git issue correctly?]
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 15:26:17 +0000

On 2016-12-07 14:09, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 10:23:49 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> I was somewhat alarmed when the world's most sophisticated editor, nano,
> GC> took over my screen,
>
>  BTW, I don't know which editor do you prefer, but I strongly suggest doing
> "git config core.editor" to set it or define GIT_EDITOR environment
> variable (unless you really prefer nano...).

For many years I used a non-free msw editor that was pretty much a
wordstar clone. But it was a good wordstar clone, and I was very
familiar with it. GNU/Linux has many such editors that are free, of
which the least bad is 'geany', but I've been spending so much time
fighting it that an hour before your message I started studying vim.
I believe this will improve my productivity more than spending the
same amount of time learning about git branches.