lmi

Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master df58835 2/6: Never write files in "text"

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] [lmi-commits] master df58835 2/6: Never write files in "text" mode: always use "binary" instead
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:54:38 +0100

On Mon,  5 Dec 2016 06:55:44 +0000 (UTC) Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> branch: master
GC> commit df58835b4fba6f4d6f3febf899418b8791209c2b
GC> Author: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC> Commit: Gregory W. Chicares <address@hidden>
GC>
GC>     Never write files in "text" mode: always use "binary" instead
GC>
GC>     Otherwise, files written with msw can't be used with *nix.

 Hello,

 Wouldn't it be better to make our code accept and ignore "\r" before "\n"
even under Unix? While most MSW programs handle Unix EOLs correctly
nowadays, some of them still don't, so it seems user-unfriendly to generate
the files that will mostly (almost exclusively, even) used under MSW in
Unix format.

 Regards,
VZ