lmi

Re: [lmi] wx configure and CXXFLAGS [Was: Building lmi with pre-wx-2.9.5

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wx configure and CXXFLAGS [Was: Building lmi with pre-wx-2.9.5 snapshot]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 17:47:50 +0200

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016 15:29:13 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2013-07-11 22:51, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 14:06:57 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> [...]
GC> > GC> (2) Unrelated question: when building wx itself, using
GC> > GC>   ../configure [...options...] && make && make install
GC> > GC> can I add my own CXXFLAGS in configure's options-list?
GC> >
GC> >  I'm afraid there is no way to do it now.

 Sorry, I think I was just wrong about this and I don't remember at all any
more why did I write the above. Passing CXXFLAGS on configure command line
is perfectly possible and this is not something that changed in the last 3
years, AFAIR it was always the case. Sorry for the misinformation :-(

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lmi.git/tree/install_wx.make?id=289f82c0b2bcfffb50d3a7d347bd218c145a53a0

GC> wx_cxx_flags   := -fno-omit-frame-pointer -std=c++11

 You should be able to do

        % $WXWIN/configure CXXFLAGS=-fno-omit-frame-pointer --with-cxx=11

without any problems.

GC> Of course, using a hand-written makefile to invoke 'configure' may
GC> be uncommon, but there must be other reasonable use cases that need
GC> to specify extra FLAGS.

 Yes, definitely. And this does work, once again sorry for wrongly claiming
that it didn't.

VZ