lmi

Re: [lmi] Segfault with updated wx

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Segfault with updated wx
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 20:53:33 +0200

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:02:57 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2016-06-21 14:51, Greg Chicares wrote:
GC> > We're trying to create a reproducible test case
GC>
GC> These steps always reproduce the segfault, for me at least:
GC>
GC> Run lmi
GC> File | Open '\path\to\sample.database' [any '.database' file will do]
GC> single-left-click "+" to expand "Mortality charges"
GC> scroll down and single-left-click "CoiResetMinDate" to select it
GC> single-left-click the cell in the wxGrid, so that it's highlighted
GC> Ctrl-F4

 Thank you, I do see the bug/crash and it doesn't depend at all on which
cell is chosen, i.e. it's not specific to CoiResetMinDate in any way.

 I know how to fix the problem and will do it soon, after I think a bit
more if there is no better way to do it, but what puzzles me is that I
don't see any recent changes to wxGrid which could explain why you hadn't
seen this bug before. Moreover, I've retested with wxWidgets 3.1.0 (which I
think was used before, please correct me if I'm wrong) and I see exactly
the same crash. So either this is not a new crash, or it's due to changes
in lmi, rather in wx -- but then I don't see any changes that could explain
this in lmi neither. Should I continue to try to find which change broke
this or maybe it's not a new bug, after all?

GC> This recently-reported anomaly:
GC>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2016-06/msg00073.html
GC> seems similar. Both involve opening a {grid,dataview} cell for
GC> editing, and then doing some other operation in the GUI while that
GC> cell is still in edit mode.

 Unfortunately this involves completely different controls (wxGrid and
wxDataViewCtrl) which don't really share any code, so reproducing and
fixing this bug doesn't really help with the other one.

 Regards,
VZ