lmi

Re: [lmi] System crashes with invalid input using input sequence GUI

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] System crashes with invalid input using input sequence GUI
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 23:14:16 +0000

On 2015-10-10 13:03, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 17:49:04 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
>  To summarize, for me the only 2 consistent positions are:
>
> 1. Don't add new rows when the existing rows cover the entire interval,
>    neither explicitly (using the "Add" button) nor implicitly. This is
>    logical but inconvenient

I've taken a fresh look at this. To me, logic is convenience. If I try to
open my front door with my car key, it doesn't fit, and I realize that the
universe is trying to tell me something--I don't think the lock designer
should let me insert a key with the wrong shape and give me an error
message. However, your "implicitly" argument overcomes that objection:

  File | New | Illustration
  Focus any numeric input sequence and enter this:
    0 @98; 0 #1; 0
  Click the ellipsis
  Increase the age in the first row from 98 to 99

Wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction.
We haven't the time to trap every possible misstep.

>  And I'd like to make the one after last (see the second paragraph of
> http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2015-05/msg00007.html) request to
> apply my patch fixing wxSpinCtrl range. IMO it's an obvious bug fix and it
> also fixes a slight but real problem in the UI.

Just pushed.