lmi

[lmi] Removing wx 3.0/cp1252 check in wx_checks.cpp

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: [lmi] Removing wx 3.0/cp1252 check in wx_checks.cpp
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2013 16:43:54 +0200

 Hello,

 Currently there is the following code in wx_checks.cpp:

        #if wxCHECK_VERSION(3,0,0)
        #   error Remove the "1252" html exception in 'test_coding_rules.cpp'.
        #endif // wxCHECK_VERSION(3,0,0)

 Of course, it prevents the program from being built out of the box with
wxWidgets 3.0 (that was the intention, after all). But AFAICS the use of
windows-1252 charset in the HTML files is actually completely unnecessary
now as they are not opened using wxHtmlWindow in any case. At least, in
UponHelp() code, the user manual file is opened using the default browser
(via wxLaunchDefaultBrowser() call) and I can't find any other places where
these HTML files would be used with wxHtmlWindow.

 So could we just remove the "meta http-equiv" lines from the HTML files
or, perhaps, replace "windows-1252" in these lines with "utf-8" if the use
of any non-ASCII characters is planned in these files? And then remove the
exception from test_coding_rules.cpp and remove this #error from
wx_checks.cpp as well?

 I could post here a patch doing the above, of course, but it would be
quite trivial, so it would perhaps be easier for you to just do it instead
of applying the patch? But please let me know what would you prefer.

 Thanks in advance,
VZ