lmi

Re: [lmi] actuarial tables format (was Re: Terse list of valuable projec

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] actuarial tables format (was Re: Terse list of valuable projects)
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 13:11:16 +0000

On 2012-04-23 11:00Z, Václav Slavík wrote:

> On 22 Apr 2012, at 15:30, Greg Chicares wrote:
>> I suppose that prior to day one we will need a tool to convert from the
>> old binary format to the new xml format (in order to migrate several
>> megabytes of existing data).
>
> We could also keep the ability to load both the new XML files and
> SOA binary files for the time being. Is it worth doing or do you
> prefer to convert all data at once?

I'd prefer to convert all the data, test it, and remove the old
'actuarial_table*.?pp' code all at once. If we allow the old format
to be used, then we may later find that it still is used, and then
we'll need to repeat testing when we eventually eradicate it. It's
better to remove any such temptation, and force a clean one-time
transition.