lmi

Re: [lmi] Direct drill-down census editor testing

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] Direct drill-down census editor testing
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:37:47 +0100

Hi,

On 20 Oct 2011, at 14:36, Wendy Boutin wrote:
> Input validation:
>
> 6. There isn't any input validation in the census view. It really
> needs to have the same level of input validation that's currently
> in the individual cell input screens. For example, 'IssueAge' can
> be 99 for a product that doesn't allow it, or changing 'DateOfBirth'
> doesn't update 'IssueAge' until the cell is edited with the individual
> input dialogs.

May I ask for concrete examples (and files if necessary) where I can reproduce
it? I can't find any such IssueAge in the sample data myself and DateOfBirth is
not of much use for testing, because it's disabled in the input dialog (and not
updated there either, BTW)...

On 20 Oct 2011, at 19:11, Václav Slavík wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it. I couldn't find any validation
> code in the editor files when I looked, my impression was that it's handled
> by any_member<Input>::operator=(). Apparently, it isn't, what else do I need
> to do?

Returning to my earlier message, I still don't understand how to validate the
data any better. All I could find eventually was MvcController::Validate(), but
that only deals with ranges as far as I can tell and those should already be
constrained to disallow entering invalid data [*].

Also, how to update other dependent fields (e.g. DateOfBirth, IssueAge)? I
couldn't find any code for that anywhere.

Thanks in advance,
Vaclav

[*] This is apparently not done correctly, otherwise your IssueAge=99 example
couldn't happen. But I need some examples to get this right.