lmi

Re: [lmi] Built today's wx-2.9.2 snapshot

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Built today's wx-2.9.2 snapshot
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:40:58 +0200

On Mon, 04 Jul 2011 15:38:14 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Soon I'll update 'install_wx.make' to install the 2011-07-04 wx snapshot.
GC> (There's a 2011-06-29 release candidate here:
GC>   ftp://ftp.wxwidgets.org/pub/2.9.2-rc1/
GC> but it provides only a GUI installer. I hope the actual release provides
GC> .tar.bz2 or at least .tar.gz files. Meanwhile, I figure snapshots will
GC> probably match the release candidate except for critical fixes.)

 The actual tar balls are available from SourceForge, I didn't realize that
they were not available from the FTP site. I'll ensure that the ones for
2.9.2 release will be available from both places.

GC> Very few warnings are seen with MinGW gcc-3.4.5, and I believe we've seen
GC> most or all of them before:
GC>
GC> ../src/msw/renderer.cpp:122: warning: unused parameter 'dc'

 This code actually needs to be changed so while I'm aware of this warning
I don't want to just suppress it and will apply a proper (but more
extensive) fix after 2.9.2.

GC> ../src/common/docview.cpp:1485: warning: 'docNew' might be used
uninitialized in this function

 This is the notorious exception-related warning that I don't know how to
fix.

GC> ../src/msw/mediactrl_am.cpp:2023: warning: passing `double' for converting
1 of `wxLongLongNative::wxLongLongNative(long long int)'

 Argh, I thought I fixed this one in r67964 but I actually didn't somehow.
The warning is harmless but I'll fix it nevertheless.

GC> ../src/propgrid/property.cpp:2108: warning: passing `double' for converting
1 of `wxImage& wxImage::Rescale(int, int, wxImageResizeQuality)'
GC> ../src/propgrid/property.cpp:2108: warning: passing `double' for converting
2 of `wxImage& wxImage::Rescale(int, int, wxImageResizeQuality)'

 I'll fix this one as well. FWIW there are many dozens other warnings in
propgrid code when compiling with -Wconversion in 64 bits as it implicitly
converts among int, long and size_t all over the place. But I won't change
this now to avoid breaking something just before the release.

 Thanks for the warnings,
VZ

P.S. And I'll be looking at your other message about the crash soon...