lmi

Re: [lmi] Creating end-user packages for msw

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Creating end-user packages for msw
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 20:53:48 +0000

On 2010-03-22 18:51Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:26:47 -0400 "Murphy, Kimberly" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> MK> The first of a given month is appropriate for most end-user
> MK> packages. On occasion, some end-users are provided the system
> MK> a few days earlier. Waiting until the first of the month may
> MK> not be a hardship in most situations, unless of course there's
> MK> a feature someone wants to get their hands on. In this case,
> MK> the 'fardel_date_script' could be overridden.
>
>  Sorry for repeating myself but, just in case it was lost among other
> things I wrote, I am quite convinced that overriding fardel_date_script is
> not a good idea.

Yes, I do tend to agree. The only reason I ever spoke of overriding it
in the first place is that doing so would provide infinite flexibility
for developing custom scripts. The original plan was for someone else
(who's not here anymore) to write a complete set of scripts that would
embody the whole currently-manual process--and, of course, then we'd
refactor once we saw how small a subset of infinity is actually useful.
It's also okay to work on both scripts and the makefile at the same time.