lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Terse list of valuable projects

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Terse list of valuable projects
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:07:42 +0100

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:01:56 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> > Configurable group roster showing input and values
GC> >   http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?105595
GC>
GC> This is toward the top of end users' wish lists. It's a census-manager
GC> function, so it's related to "Revamp census manager" below.

 Do I understand correctly that this means just printing out the grid as it
appears on the screen? If so, then, indeed, this task depends on the other
one as if we switch to using wxGrid instead of wxListCtrl it would make
printing it out easier.

GC> > Enable menu items and toolbar buttons consistently [in progress]
GC> >   https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?104430
GC>
GC> Is this actually "in progress"?

 I was sure I already looked at this but somehow I don't remember any more
what happened. I'll try to have another look a.s.a.p.

GC> > Revamp census manager
GC> >   direct drill-down editing in a grid control
GC> >     https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?105977
GC> >   include https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?104480
GC>
GC> This is the greatest GUI improvement we could make. End users have
GC> been asking for it for years. I've never worked with the wx grid
GC> control, so this is beyond my personal capabilities.

 It shouldn't be particularly difficult to do this with wxGrid but OTOH
switching from wxListCtrl to wxDataViewCtrl should be easier (but I didn't
even look at the current code yet...). Anyhow, I guess it would make sense
to discuss this item (even) more as it looks like the most important one
from the users point of view so it'd make sense to start with it.

GC> > Implement MDI 'child document' concept [in progress]
GC> >   https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?104485
GC>
GC> Is this actually "in progress"?

 Yes in the sense that it's done in a local branch of my git repository
since at least a couple of months. It still needs to be finalized
(documentation updated, retested under all platforms again, ...) and, once
again, I'll try to do this a.s.a.p. Sorry for the delay.

 Best regards,
VZ