lmi

Re: [lmi] add mc_enum<rounding_style>

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] add mc_enum<rounding_style>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 21:51:11 +0000

On 2010-02-25 17:45Z, Vaclav Slavik wrote:

> this patch adds mc_enum<rounding_style>. rounding_style is still used as
> "raw" enum elsewhere. This is used by upcoming XML serialization
> patches.

Great, thanks. I'll commit it in my next committing frenzy.

Would you mind if I changed the patched 'round_to.hpp' as follows?
- #include "mc_enum_types.hpp"
+ #include "mc_enum_type_enums.hpp"
Eventually, I think we can remove virtually all of the overhead in
'mc_enum_types.hpp', and then merge 'mc_enum_type_enums.hpp' into it
(after careful testing of compile speed etc.); but for now, here,
I'd rather use the most lightweight header we can.

Probably someday we should add an enumerator for the new IEEE 754r
rounding mode (to nearest, ties away from zero). That can wait.