lmi

Re: [lmi] reusing mc_enum<> for serialization into XML

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] reusing mc_enum<> for serialization into XML
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:04:59 +0100

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 19:18 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
> However, do you feel that such assertions are valuable as documentation?

They were intended to be that. I hoped that should some metadata
specialization be incorrect, they would present more understandable
error.

The other reason is that my patch allowed for mc_enum_type_info
specializations not based on mc_enum_type_info_impl (for further
refactoring to improve locality of enums metadata in the sources).

But they are by no means necessary. They serve no purpose with current
implementation (the *_impl class was implemented correctly) and as you
say, some other part of the code would trigger errors anyway.

Regards,
Vaclav