lmi

Re: [lmi] patch: upgrade to Boost 1.38.0

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] patch: upgrade to Boost 1.38.0
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 10:45:24 +0200

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 01:09:53 +0200 Vaclav Slavik <address@hidden> wrote:

VS> Ideally, I'd like to rewrite this part of the makefiles to build Boost
VS> using the official Boost.Build system if you agree -- upgrading is
VS> easiest that way.

 Does this mean requiring the use of bjam? If so I'd personally really like
to avoid it: not only because I dislike bjam personally (I know it must be
my own fault but I have difficult to debug problems with it all the time)
but also because it seems a bad idea to mix several make tools in the build
process of one project, it's just confusing.

 Of course, if the advantages of using it are important enough to outweigh
these (perceived) disadvantages, so be it. But I wonder what exactly these
advantages are, could you please explain, if only briefly?

 TIA,
VZ