lmi

Re: [lmi] removing several WX !! markers

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] removing several WX !! markers
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:38:16 +0000

On 2009-03-31 16:38Z, Vaclav Slavik wrote:

> the following wx headers problems are no longer present in wx 2.8:

I removed all those 'WX !!' markers on:
  20090331T1722Z
  20090331T1933Z
  20090331T1934Z

> Also, wxHtmlWindow was fixed to handle later call to
> SetWindowStyle(wxHW_NO_SELECTION) correctly, so the following comment
> can be removed too (I'd update the code, but I'm not sure what was your
> intention -- call SetWindowStyle() immediately after constructing or
> something else?):

Immediately after constructing. I had hoped to avoid spelling out
the second, third, and fourth default arguments when I wanted to
change only the fifth, back in 2004 when I wrote that. But now I'd
say it's clearer as it is, so I just removed the comments.

> Finally, let me explain the reasons for this:
[...]
> In wx API, window objects are represented as pointers. GDI objects
> (brushes, pens, fonts, bitmaps, icons, ...) are reference-counted
> objects that are returned as values, not pointers. wxXmlResource is
> merely consistent with the rest of wx here: it returns pointers (and so
> NULL on failure) for windows and invalid objects (here, wxNullIcon) for
> GDI objects.

Thanks; I've updated the documentation to cite your explanation.