lmi

Re: [lmi] Switch lmi to wx-2.8.10 now?

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] Switch lmi to wx-2.8.10 now?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:19:46 +0100

Hi,

On Mar 23, 2009, at 01:55, Greg Chicares wrote:
Is 2.8.10 really the same as svn trunk,

No, it differs from the trunk significantly.

OTOH, if 2.8.10 is just a final version of a separate branch
that's soon to be replaced by 2.9,

That's the case (for some value of "soon"). Note that 2.9 is development series without any guarantees of ABI or even API compatibility; it will eventually become wx 3.0.

then there might be little
point in our testing it. To put the question in a different way:
if we find and report an issue with 2.8.10, is that helpful for
ongoing development of 2.9,

It is, for two reasons: 2.8 branch is there to stay for a while (2.9.x is unstable/development series leading to stable 3.0, we have to support 2.8 until 3.0 is out) and some bugs may exist on both branches.

Vaclav