lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] patch to fix asserts for invalid growable column/row indice

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] patch to fix asserts for invalid growable column/row indices with latest wx svn
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:31:00 +0100

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 01:29:47 +0100 Vaclav Slavik <address@hidden> wrote:

VS> There's no lint equivalent and no form of schema usable for validation
VS> either [*]. The closest thing to that would be running a (non-existent)
VS> tool that tries to load all resources and see what happens. That would
VS> still give you an assert and not a "clean" error report, though.

 But wxApp::OnAssertFailure() can be overridden and e.g. just output a
message about the failure so this is not a problem -- in fact this is how I
found all the problems my patch corrected (using xrcshot as the test
driver), The trouble is that you don't have enough information in the
assert to find which sizer exactly uses the invalid indices so you still
need to find it manually and this is time-consuming.

 Regards,
VZ