lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] wxmsw-2.9.0 (svn trunk) anomaly
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:22:36 +0100

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:08:43 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Here are several warnings I got when rebuilding wx itself.
GC> Aside from those, I observe only these six diagnostics from gcc:
GC>
GC> ../src/common/datstrm.cpp:546: warning: unused parameter 'd'

 This one only happens with wxUSE_APPLE_IEEE turned off which explains why
nobody had noticed it before. Fixed now but I wonder if it wouldn't be
better to not provide Read/WriteDouble() functions at all in this case as
they simply do nothing in this build configuration. I'll probably change
this.

GC> ../src/common/event.cpp:1377: warning: 'loop' might be used uninitialized
in this function

 I don't see this one with my mingw32 3.4.5 so I don't know how to fix it.
Especially because I don't understand what is it warning about as this line
is where the 'loop' variable is declared and defined.

GC> ../src/msw/dc.cpp:1727: warning: 'rop' might be used uninitialized in this
function

 This is a perfectly valid warning, it was introduced recently and I've
just fixed it.

GC> ../src/msw/headerctrl.cpp:538: warning: comparison between signed and
unsigned integer expressions

 This is annoying as it's due to a bug in mingw32 headers: NM_RDBLCLK is
int there while it is UINT in the Platform SDK. So I have no choice but to
insert an ugly cast even though it shouldn't have been necessary :-(

GC> ../src/msw/listctrl.cpp:2717: warning: passing negative value
`-0x000000001' for converting 3 of `LRESULT SendMessageW(HWND__*, UINT, WPARAM,
LPARAM)'

 And another bug in mingw32 headers, ListView_GetNextItem() is supposed to
do the cast to WPARAM internally but in their version it does not.

GC> ../src/generic/scrlwing.cpp:1283: warning: 'range' might be used
uninitialized in this function

 Another real warning, fixed as well.

 All fixes committed as wx r59108, thanks for reporting them!

GC> ...and these five from 'install':
GC>
GC> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../include/wx/persist/bookctrl.h': No such
file or directory
GC> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../include/wx/persist/toplevel.h': No such
file or directory
GC> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../include/wx/persist/treebook.h': No such
file or directory
GC> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../include/wx/persist/window.h': No such
file or directory
GC> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `../include/wx/msw/datecontrols.h': No such
file or directory

 These are really errors rather than warnings. I've corrected this too (the
last one really just doesn't exist and the previous ones were omitted from
the snapshots, this should be fixed when the next one is generated).

 Thanks!
VZ